More than just a park, Martin Park Nature Center is a hub for nature exploration and education for visitors of all ages.
Guided hikes, education programs and an interactive learning center provide visitors a place to learn about nature and wildlife in a serene, suburban environment.
- 2.5 miles of woodland trails
- Visitor Center with live animals, nature learning library, restrooms - Closed for construction. See sidebar for more information.
- ADA Accessible INTEGRIS Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation Courage Trail
- Picnic pavilion (seats 30) – available for rentals
- Nature-themed playground
The indoor restrooms are only available during Visitor Center hours. The park does not have portable restroom units or other outdoor restroom facilities available when the Visitor Center is not open. Please plan your visit accordingly.
For a complete list of park rules and regulations, please visit our Park Rules page.
Programs and Activities
Martin Park offers a variety of programs throughout the year for visitors of all ages.
- Guided hikes
- Ongoing education programs
- Spring Break and Summer Camps
- Weekly programs and special events
- Summer camps and specialty programs
- Youth volunteer programs
- Birthday parties
See our 2017 Summer Preview Guide for a complete list of upcoming programs.
Rent our Picnic Pavilion
The picnic pavilion at Martin Park is available for birthday parties, group meetings and other outings. Located near the front of the park off of the main parking area, the shelter can seat up to 60-70 people. The pavilion is only available during Visitor Center hours. To reserve, call (405) 297-1429.
Rate: $45 per hour for first two hours (minimum 2-hour rental); $20 per hour for each additional hour.
Rules and amenities: Outdoor cooking is not allowed at the pavilion. There is no electricity or water hook-up. Restrooms are available in the park Visitor Center.