If you want to help the environment and hold down landfill costs, or just save room in your big Big Blue, you'll like our weekly curbside recycling service. Just put your recyclables into your Little Blue and place it at the curb by 6 a.m. on the same day as your regular trash service.
- Find your next recycling pick-up day and your new cart delivery day
- Discover what you can recycle in your Little Blue bin
- Find out how to recycle Household Hazardous Waste
- Find where to recycle items we can't currently accept
- Learn more about our new recycling program, below, and on our FAQ page
Large Cart Recycling
Recycling services will change this July when the City rolls out new large, cart recycling for urban household customers. Here's what you need to know!
About Cart Delivery
- Beginning Monday, February 26, solid waste crews will begin delivery of 195,000 large green carts to recycling customers in urban Oklahoma City.
- It will take approximately 13 weeks to deliver all of the carts.
- The City will notify customers with postcards an approximate date when their cart will arrive. You can also look on our My Trash Day page to see when you can expect your new cart.
- Customers should store their new carts at the side or back of their house until we start the new program. Crews will not empty the new carts if they are put at the curb before the new program start date.
When the new program will start
- We will continue the Little Blue recycling program until June 1.
- We will suspend all recycling for the month of June to prepare for the new program.
- Please do not use the new green cart until your assigned recycling date in July.
- We will alert customers via post card, their utilities bill and the City's social media streams when the new program will start.
- The new carts feature pre-stamped directions on the lid that inform customers what can be recycled.
About your new cart
- The new carts will be similar to the Big Blue cart except they will be green.
- The new carts will hold up to 5x the amount of materials as the current Little Blue.
- The new carts will have wheels and a lid for ease of transport to the curb, and to keep materials from blowing in Oklahoma's winds.
- The new carts include information that shows people what to recycle.
- Customers should use the carts for recyclable goods only. No household trash or yard waste.
New customers added to service
- The City is adding more than new 6,000 customers to curbside recycling. The City will notify these residents when they expect their carts via direct mail and social media.
New service begins early July
- When the new service starts in July, pick-up days will remain consistent with residents' trash pick-up days, but will be every other week instead of weekly.
Retiring Little Blue
- When the new program starts, customers may keep their current “Little Blue” bins, or put them in their new big green cart to recycle.
- Customers who wish to return Little Blue need to place it in their new green cart and crews will pick it up.
For more program details, visit our FAQ page or call Utilities Customer Service at (405) 297-2833.